Welcome to C-SAR
The Centre for Scientific and Applied Research was established in the year 2010 at PSN College of Engineering and Technology with a realization of the fact that each modern development has its roots in basic and applied sciences. In order to achieve its goal, the Centre has both scientists and engineers as faculty members who are working on synthesis of novel functional materials, energy conversion and storage, catalysis, photochemistry, plasma for material processing and related areas. There are 10 faculty members currently working in the Centre..
The research grants brought by our faculty members are important in supporting research and training programmes of the Centre in addition to the internal funding by the college. As a whole, the faculty members are pursuing major research projects worth INR 3.88 crores funded by various national funding agencies and have published more than 70 papers in peer reviewed journals in the last three years.
The objectives of the Centre are:
- To promote interdisciplinary scientific research leading to PhD degrees;
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and students with national and international experts;
- To provide research facilities to individual workers or research groups, especially to those who are deprived of such facilities for extended periods;
- To create tenure-based short term and long term chairs and visiting positions for experts in identified areas for interaction with the Centres’ faculty, carrying out research and exchange of ideas; and
- To conduct seminars, workshops, conferences and extension lectures to promote interdisciplinary research in basic and applied sciences.