PSN College of Engineering and Technology is actively involved in science and engineering research since 2011. Research centres were established in PSN College of Engineering and Technology with a realization of the fact that each modern development has its roots in basic and applied sciences. In order to achieve its goal, the research centres are equipped with state-of-the-art research facilities and also have strong scientific collaborations with leading institutions in India and abroad.
As a whole, the faculty members are pursuing major research projects worth INR 4.08 crores funded by various national funding agencies and have published more than 200 papers in peer reviewed journals in the last three years.
- To promote interdisciplinary research leading to PhD degrees;
- To provide a forum for interaction among scientists, research workers, teachers and students with national and international experts;
- To provide research facilities to individual workers or research groups, especially to those who are deprived of such facilities for extended periods;
- To create tenure-based short term and long term chairs and visiting positions for experts in identified areas for interaction with the Centres’ faculty, carrying out research and exchange of ideas; and
- To conduct seminars, workshops, conferences and extension lectures to promote interdisciplinary research in basic and applied sciences.
- To give full freedom to the faculty to choose the area of specialization and work on it;
- To provide necessary infrastructure to do research in the campus;
- To provide seed money through schemes available in the college as start up grant;
- Financial assistance for presenting the findings in seminars/ conferences;
- Autonomy to the principal investigator for utilizing overhead charges and carry out financial transactions related to the project;
- Periodic auditing of technical progress to ensure timely completion of projects; and
- Submission of utilization certificate to the funding authorities/college in time.